Kevin V Nwv

Deceptive practices

Original review Mar 27, 2024
Waited 8 months for a shed where I was originally told 5 weeks. I cancelled and was told I won't get my deposit back. After contacting the BBB, Coast to Coast agreed to give my deposit back but only after waiting up to three months. They say they do refunds quarterly. We'll see. This is typical of what Coast to Coast does and is exactly what is in Arkansas AG's lawsuit against them. Do not do business with them.
Loss:
Cons:
  • And they wont refund our deposit when you finally cancel
  • Take your deposit and never deliver the product

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Do not do business with them.

Laryssa Ngy
map-marker Heyburn, Idaho

Warn potential customers

The absolute worst company I have ever dealt with. High pressure sales to start with.

Deceptive to get the sale as far as delivery time. Actual delivery time was 22 weeks when I was initially tol 4-6 weeks. Then decided to come after three days of rain and complete destroyed my road to my property. And their customer service after the sale is by far the worst I have ever experienced with any company.

If you research them like I should have, they have been turned into several state Attorney General offices for deceptive business practices.

Please dont do business with them. Save yourself a lot of headaches.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Deceptive bad customer service inferior product

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Do not buy from them!

map-marker Albuquerque, New Mexico

Deluvery

Ive been waiting 4 months for Coast to Coast to deliver my carport and Im still waiting. Only after I sent them a letter stating that no permits were required here, they called me and said they were applining for a permit.

It took 2 months before they ever applied for a permit. It only took 3 days for them to receive the permit that they applied for and now it has been 2 months since they received the permit. I am still waiting.

They ttell me they won't deliver until the get a full load up into this area. My neighbor ordered a carport from Eagle Carports out of Colorado and they delivered to her within 2 months.

User's recommendation: Use a different company

Guest

Your lucky, it took us 11 months to get out 20x40 carport in 2022.

Cathy C Gvi

| map-marker Oakland, Tennessee

Update

Coast To Coast Carports - Update
Coast To Coast Carports - Update - Image 2
Coast To Coast Carports - Update - Image 3
Coast To Coast Carports - Update - Image 4
Coast To Coast Carports - Update - Image 5
So they came out and fixed my rv carport! Ricardo Garcia and his crew did an excellent job! Krystal from coast to coast was great and made sure everything was fixed! We had 30 mph winds yesterday it didnt sway or make noises! So glad we were able to get this fixed! Pictures below are before and after! Thanks again!Happy
Brandon A Qxp

HORRIBLE, THIEVING COMPANY

**DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY COAST TO COAST CARPORTS, KNOXVILLE, ARKANSAS!!! READ REVIEWS, AND DO YOUR RESEARCH!!!

**DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!

THIS IS A VERY POORLY CONDUCTED COMPANY, THAT IS ONLY HERE TO TAKE MONEY AND RUN AWAY FROM ANY AND ALL PROBLEMS!!!

**DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!

THEY DO NOT CARE IF THEY PRODUCE ANY SHORT COMINGS, OR OTHER ISSUES THAT LEAVE YOU SPENDING EVEN MORE MONEY AND IN COMPLETE LOSS OF YOUR PROPERTY!!!

**DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!

DO NOT SUPPORT THE GROWTH OF THIS COMPANY UNDER THIS KIND OF MANAGEMENT/OWNERSHIP!!!

WE DID EXACTLY AS THEY SAID TO DO, AND THEY WILL NOT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR SHORT COMINGS!

THEY REFUSED TO SEND SOMEONE OUT THAT WE COULD COMMUNICATE WITH TO DISCUSS OUR CONCERNS/ISSUES.

THE ACTUAL BUILDER SPOKE VERY VERY LITTLE ENGLISH. WE WERE NOT THERE, AND I HAD TO CALL MY FRIEND AT WORK TO GET HER TO TELL HIM WHERE HE WAS BUILDING THE SHOPS AND HOW TO GET THERE, WHILE THEY WERE BOTH ON SEPERATE SPEAKER PHONES TO TRY TO COMMUNICATE. HE COULD NOT WAIT THE FEW MINUTES IT TOOK US TO GET THERE TO INSPECT THE 2 BUILDINGS BEFORE WE SIGNED HIS PAPER WORK, BECAUSE HE STILL HAD ANOTHER SHOP TO START AND FINISH BY THE END OF THE DAY ELSEWHERE. HE IS RUSHED AND OVER WORKED!

THE "APPOINTMENT TO TAKE CARE OF THE ISSUES" PRODUCED A MAN THAT CAME OUT, WHO SPOKE NO ENGLISH AT ALL, WHAT-SO-EVER.

WE COULD NOT ASK HIM QUESTIONS, OR TELL HIM WHAT WAS HAPPENING. IT WAS "POINTING, & HAND MOTIONS" COMMUNICATIONS. HE TOOK PICTURES AND LEFT, LEAVING PAPERS FOR US WADDED UP BY THE GATE JUST BEFORE IT RAINED. HE DID NOT EVEN TRY TO SHOW US THERE WERE ANY PAPERS WITH HIM OR PLACED ANYWHERE.

THE GM REFUSED TO SPEAK WITH US ON EVERY OCCASION OF US CALLING.

HE MADE THE GIRLS ON THE PHONE DELIVER HIS LACK OF CUSTOMER CARE AND RESPONSIBLITY.

THE GM TRIED TO BLAME THEIR SHORT COMINGS ON ANYONE ELSE HE THOUGHT HE COULD THROW UNDER THE BUS. THE GM BLAMED CONCRETE FIRST, SAYING "THE CONCRETE WAS DONE WRONG". THE CONCRETE WAS DONE EXACTLY AS WE WERE TOLD IT NEEDED TO BE, BY SERVERAL PEOPLE IN THIS COMPANY, SEVERAL DIFFERENT TIMES. THIS IS NOT THE CONCRETE COMPANY'S FAULT.

THE GM TRIED TO BLAME THE SALESMAN WHOM WE SET EVERYTHING UP THROUGH.

THE ONLY PAPERWORK WE EVER RECIEVED WAS IN PERSON BY THE SALESMAN. THE COMPANY NEVER SENT ANYTHING IN THE MAIL OR EMAIL. IT DOES NOT SAY ANYWHERE ON THE PAPERS THAT WE HAVE, AND WE HAVE EVERYTHING WE RECIEVED, THAT THESE ARE NOT WATER TIGH BUILDINGS. SEVERAL PEOPLE IN THIS COMPANY WERE TOLD THAT WE HAVE 2 HOUSES OF EVERYTHING WE OWNED GOING INTO THESE STORAGE BUILDINGS, AND NOBODY AND NOTHING EVER SAID OR SAYS THAT THESE ARE NOT WATER TIGHT BUILDINGS.

WE WOULD HAVE LOOKED ELSEWHERE IF IT/THEY DID. THEY LEAKED LIKE A STRAINER, RUINING ELECTRONICS, FURNITURE, MATTRESSES, DECOR, SENTIMENTAL KEEPSAKES, ETC.

THE GM SAID "WE ARE NOT DOING OR DISCOUNTING ANYTHING, BECAUSE THE PRICE OF STEEL WENT UP."

HOW DOES THE EXTRA COST OF STEEL EVEN PERTAIN TO FIXING YOUR OWN COMPANY'S SHORT COMINGS ON 2 BUILDINGS THAT HAVE ALREADY BEEN BOUGHT, PAID FOR & INSTALLED?

MAYBE I COULD SEE THIS TRAIN OF THOUGHT IF THE BUILDINGS WERE BOUGHT ON SOME SORT OF CLEARANCE OR TRADE, BUT WE PAID FULL RETAIL PRICE LIKE DUMMIES.

**DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!

THEY WILL BURY THEIR HEADS IN THE SAND AND POINT FINGERS WHEN THEY ARE CLEARLY RED HANDED!!!

JUST SAVE YOURSELF THE HEADACHE AND A LOT OF EXTRA MONEY!

**DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!

I DO NOT LIKE LEAVING BAD REVIEWS BUT I CANNOT JUST SIT HERE AND LET SOMETHING LIKE THIS KEEP HAPPENING TO SOMEONE ELSE THAT COULD AVOID THIS NIGHTMARE. I WISH I COULD GO BACK IN TIME AND NEVER HAVE USED THIS COMPANY.

**PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY COAST TO COAST CARPORTS IN KNOXVILLE, ARKANSAS!!!

Pros:
  • Done quickly
Cons:
  • Workmanship
  • Pre ordered color unavailable
  • Horrible service

User's recommendation: **DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY

Michael F Bgv

| map-marker Seattle, Washington

Poor company

Too 52 weeks to the day to get a 30x40x12 and they sent wrong building. 6-8 months to get new building so had them put up one sent. Missing Ridge cap and trim pieces. Roll up door locks were not lined up to holes, missing ancor bolts. *** poor company do not buy from them.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Workmanship
  • Service really sucks
  • No response from corporate office

User's recommendation: Shop elsewhere

map-marker Salem, Oregon

Unable to get warranty work done it has been over 12 months still no responds

After 12 months of trying to het door leak fix no response from coast to coast . They said they would come out to fix but no one showed up to do repairs.
map-marker Spanish Fork, Utah

Just got a run around. was promised one thing and they delivered nothing

I ordered a shed back in March of 2021 and was told it would be 6 to 8 weeks. so I had concrete put down for a pad, then nothing. and if and when I got ahold of someone,they told me they didn't know anything because they weren't told. I finally canceled my order and probably won't get down payment because they told me I signed a contract that said I wouldn't get a refund. well duh that's the only contract they sent. I can't belive that fly by night outfit is still in business. they are CRAP stay away,far away!!!

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: build it your self or go with a company that doesn't have their head up their butts

Errol S Uzw

| map-marker Westport, Washington

Run Run Run - Worst transaction I have ever experienced.

Ordered my building January 4, 2021 and paid my deposit. Was told by Jerry at Coast to Coast that the building would be there end of March, first of April at the latest.

I raced to get the pad poured and end of March came and no building, 1st of April no building. Told Jerry I had a trip to Arizona planned in April but I needed the building so I cancelled the trip as they only give you 2-3 days notice and I need to building more than the trip. Guess what? No building in April.

Continued to call and told of the material shortage but it should be June. Now, in March I told the storage company where I kept my boat that April would be that last month. Now the boats outside all the time in the weather. June comes and goes and I get told probably not until August.

End of August I agree to change from 12 gauge metal to 14 gauge as it would be quicker and should now be only a couple of weeks. Saved me only $350 in the cost of metal when original quote between the two was over $800. No building August, September, October, November, boat is still sitting in the rain and they can still not tell me how long until the garage will arrive. Had to get the boat out of the rain so had to again get storage but had to get a 6 month minimum lease at $250 a month.

Guess what, the call on Friday December 3 to tell me they will be there Tuesday December 7. Where the building is going is 1 1/2 hours away at my cabin and they wouldn't be arriving until after 12pm and will have to work on December 8 also. I take two days off work and my dealer confirms my schedule date on Monday morning December 6. Off to the cabin I go.

Nobody shows by noon on the 7th and I haven't heard anything so I call Coast to Coast and Raven tells me that he called and left a message the day before that they would have to cancel as they didn't have all the materials. Now I am out two days of vacation! They call again on Thursday December 9 and say they will be there December 14. Now two more days of vacation but they do show.

This is three weeks short of one year!! Now 4 hispanic males show up a little after 12pm and I had no problem with their work ethic. They did work and work quickly and hard and worked after dark until 530 pm that night and came back at 7am and finished before 10am. However they did leave empty screw holes in the building on both sides of the window that I luckily found enough screws laying around to fill.

When I talked with Coast to Coast months ago I had asked about insulation and was told I was better off to buy it and negotiate with the installers to put it in when they got there. So I had the insulation and talked with the only one who spoke broken English and thought we agreed on $1000 which I thought was excessive but I agreed to it. The entire job took 9 hours for the 4 of them to complete and when I paid them he said that it was supposed to be $1800!! There was no way that the insulation installation would have added more than an hour or so to the entire job.

The building is up and I am hoping the nightmare is over and pray that I don't have any problem with this building and have to attempt to deal with Coast to Coast EVER again in this lifetime.

Be warned, read the reviews and just use a different company. I think one star is way to much but you can't give a 0

Loss:
Cons:
  • Lack of communication from staff regarding anything
  • Terrible customer service
  • Terrible service

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Just go with someone else and save yourself the aggravation.

Ryan Y Feq

Verified Reviewer

Scammed out of thousands.

This company is a scam. Stay away. We paid a deposit and was told 8 to 12 weeks for delivery. After 30 plus weeks canceled the order and still waiting for refund.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Are scammers

User's recommendation: Run

Larry W Xjh

| map-marker Knoxville, Arkansas

Did not get what I paid for

Coast To Coast Carports - Did not get what I paid for
Updated by user Nov 08, 2021

upgraded the review from 1 star to 3.

Updated by user Nov 08, 2021

The finally came and finished the job.

Original review Nov 08, 2021
(Update 11-08-2021): They finally came to finish the carport, and now I am satisfied, because I finally received what I paid for. I am leaving the review at three stars, mainly because it takes such a long time to conduct business with this company.

It is hard to get straight answers when you call, and you have to invest a lot of time with these people in order to receive what you order.
I paid the down payment for my carport on 4-13-2021, I waited until 6-24-2021 for a team to arrive to install my carport. When they were almost finished installing the carport, one of the workers tells me that one of the 21' panels had been damaged in transit and that they would have to return at a later date to finish the carport. They insisted that I go ahead and pay them for the unfinished work, which I hesitated to do until I got some sort of promise for them to return. I still have the email from a Christy Dalton promising to return in a timely manner to finish the carport, and now it is November 2021 and they still have not returned to finish the job.

Avoid this company like the plague or they will rip you off. You will have to sue them to hold them accountable, because they are irresponsible and unreliable.
Cons:
  • That they lie to you about delivery times
  • Unreliable
  • Does not honor their own contract or promises

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

User's recommendation: Do not do business with this company.

Mark A Stu

| map-marker Cathlamet, Washington

Terrible all around

Been waiting 53 weeks. They blame it on steel shortage and covid scheduling issues. Ordered a 28 X 35 shop building. It is coming from their location 3 hours away. I've been on their "priority list" for the past 3 months. No call backs from leaving messages. Zero help and virtually no customer service.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

User's recommendation: Do not use them!

Jon F Ent

Coast To Coast not delivering or refunding

We ordered our rv cover 2/18/2021. Paid the 1000.00 deposit. Told 6 to 8 weeks . After many phone calls to them, getting assured it would be soon we gave up in September and asked to cancel and be refunded. 6 more months of checking on our refund and still nothing. Now no one in customer service answers the phone. Going to start a legal action.

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Don't use this company

Construction and Repair Expert Talks

How to Hire The Right Contractor And Not Be Scammed

Apr 16, 2021

How to build a home? How to hire the right contractor? Matt DiBarra, with Diabara Masonry, reveals top home construction scams and gives the best tips to consumers on how to find the best contractor.

Read full article
Matt DiBarra
Matt DiBarra

Matt DiBarra is well-known as The Undercover Contractor. He is the owner of DiBara Masonry company in Los Angeles that specializes in house repairs, restorations, and new installations.

Bob L Eay

| map-marker Knoxville, Arkansas

More than a year after odering and paying,Failure to deliver the ordered product.

More than a year ago,9/23/2020 to be exact,I ordered a simple RV port,20 ft x 48 ft in measurement,just a simple structure with no walls only roof and supporting frame.

I was promised as per my records by the representative sales agent of Coast to Coast who took the order that will be done by the end of November of the same year.

I paid the down payment and started getting the ground ready for the port as per the contract.Little I knew that I would end up with the most lying and deceiving people that a company can employ and a lousy company that is.

Never received any phone calls updates from them,had to call myself all the time and just to get excuses from them.As the Rv port building needed to be build in the state of Montana,I was eager to get it done asap before the first snow.

When the end of November of the same year passed and into early December I called to inquire and learned that Coast to Coast closed Montana for the season and stopped working on any projects until and will reopen April/May of 2021.

I patiently waited until then,but nobody from this company called for an update. Around early May of 2021, I called their customer service and was promised that the company will open Montana soon and my building will be in the making.I was given a "priority" customer status supposedly for faster service due to my early order.

Nobody called again with any updates until June and I started calling the customer service of this company more often and inquiring about the progress of my building.

I was told countless lies by the customer service people, from we are opening Montana soon to we are on the way to scheduling date.

Then suddenly they told me that there is a shortage of materials and I'll have to wait.I was confused because my order was from Sept. of 2020 and my money paid and withdrawn by this company immediately after the order was placed should have been used right

away,as per contract to order the materials for my size of the Rv port building.

Had to talk to two of so called managers of this company to clarify the things again.

In July of 2021 I spoke to the first one,I was assured that the state if Montana was open finally to this company to work and that they have my sized building materials at the ready and soon I will be on their schedule.

Nothing happened until September of 2021 and I made full one year after placing the order WITHOUT the promised building.

After back and forth phone calls with their customer service and more promises I had to ask to speak to manager again and on September 28th/2021 after speaking to second manager, I was promised again that the building will be build "soon" or at least before first snow of the season hits.

Today is 10th of October 2021,still I don't have building build.

I can say very responsibly, that this is the most unreliable company I've ever dealt with.To me these people are liars,swindlers of people's money,cheating customers and using people's down payments as free loans to do whatever they want with these free money and for the most having no intentions of fulfilling the orders or delivering the promised products.

Here are the names of the people I spoke to and was promised things and told all kinds of lies,as per my recordings:

Jamie /sales/orders agent,

Kenora,payments department

Kailyn,payments and schedule department.

Darla/manager customer service.

Hillary/manager,customer service,

Molly/customer service,

Jamie/customer service.

Dan/customer service.

Loss:

Preferred solution: Deliver the promised product before the end of October 2021 OR recover the monetary and one year time waiting financial losses of $ 10675.00 money lost due to prep work.

User's recommendation: Avoid dealing with this company at all cost.

map-marker El Paso, Texas

No delivery and no refund

We ordered a carport beginning of 2020 (2 years ago) and have not gotten our carport yet and won't refund us our money. I feel like this company is scamming people, after reading all the reviews, I just couldn't believe how many people are going through the same situation as me. I've been told we are priority order, get transferred to leave voice-mails messages but no one calls back, and the main response is that they'll call us a few days before delivery, but it's 2 years already! They won't give us a refund and just keep telling me to wait for their call. I think this company should be out of business for getting deposit money from so many people, knowing they don't have materials or can't deliver.

User's recommendation: Do not recommend Coast-to-Coast carports. Not delivering or refunding money

Patrick P Dfj

34 weeks and still no shop

I was told 12 weeks. Then I was told 25 weeks. Now I'm not told anything. The so-called contract states I lose my deposit if I cancel, but if coast-to-coast cancels I don't. They won't give me an answer of when they will confirm they can't complete the structure. Absolutely absurd!!!!!

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Take a week off and do it yourself

About

Summary

Coast to Coast Carports is a manufacturer of carports and steel buildings located through the United States. It is a family owned and operated business that has grown from three men to a corporation which hires more than 100 employees. Coast to Coast carports specializes in carports, storage buildings, and enclosed garages. Their carports can vary in shape in size depending on the customer's needs. The company provides 20 year warranty on 12 gauge products. Coast to Coast carports offers its products only through the local specially trained dealers that can be found in almost every place of their service area.

Coast To Coast Carports reviews and complaints

Coast To Coast Carports is ranked 214 out of 1364 in Construction and Repair category

Area Served

USA

Payment Methods

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article